[by Kaitlyn]
Sunday evening was the church picnic. Dad is a Sunday school teacher so we had to be there early. We had supper then we went over and watched the softball game. I got bored of watching so we started playing softball. Laura Sauder and I were the first girls to play. We stayed till about 9:30(I think!!) It was a good evening!
Sunday night it stormed. I woke up 2 or 3 times during the night and it was pouring down rain. I think we ended up with about one and one-half inches. There was some water sitting in some parts of the garden. But since Monday was so warm it dried up. Now there is no water sitting but it is still too wet to work in.
Monday morning when Dad went down to check the flood gates as he was driving down the road he heard a little clunk and thunck and one of our kittens fell out of the car engine!! It was dead when Dad came back. While Dad was out of the car looking at the flood gate, another kitten climbed out of the engine and Dad found it when he went back to the car!! So he took him back home. Mom said it was all shaking and very scared but you’ll never guess where he ran when Mom set him down!! Up in the wheel of the car! We hope it learned its lesson but I don’t think it did!!
Monday night during supper we saw some deer across the field. Soon everybody could see them except Joshua! So Mom took him to a window that you could see our new van from. Mom asked Josh if he saw the deer, and he said, “Pitty ban” (pretty van). Later he did see the deer and he got very excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment