September 2025

September 2025
Over the years, we've always compared our family life to a wagon train heading west. Just as everyone had to do his part to get to Oregon years ago, so everyone in our family must do his/her part to make our journey through life successful. If somebody climbs in the wagon and lets the others do the work, we just don't make any progress. We all have to pull our weight and work together. Along the trail we find lots of pebbles that make for a smooth ride and some bigger rocks that jar us a little; we hit the occasional pothole that can slow us down. But if we purpose to search diligently, there are countless gold nuggets and precious gemstones along the way as well. This journal is an attempt to preserve some of those precious moments for our children, and our children's children, as together we travel this trail called life.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3-21-12 Drinking From My Saucer

I've never made a fortune and it's probably too late now.

But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow.

And as I go along life's way, I'm reaping better than I sowed.

I'm drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Ain’t got a lot of riches, and sometimes the going's tough.

But I've got a friend in Jesus, and that makes me rich enough.

I thank God for his blessings, and the mercies He's bestowed.

I'm drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

O, I remember times when things went wrong, My faith wore somewhat thin.

But all at once the dark clouds broke, and sun peeped through again.

So Lord, help me not to gripe about the tough rows that I've hoed.

I'm drinking from my saucer, ‘Cause my cup has overflowed.

If God gives me strength and courage, When the way grows steep and rough.

I'll not ask for other blessings, I'm already blessed enough.

And may I never be too busy, to help others bear their loads.

Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer, ‘Cause my cup has overflowed.

~John Paul Moore

P1180630 

P1180719

P1180644

P1180656

P1180649

P1180636

P1180708 

                                                 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits…

                                                                               Psalm 68:19

4 comments:

  1. Somebody's been playing with the camera! Neat pictures! Keep it up . . .

    ASK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! I esp. like the one of Josh! The pics. of swimming in the lake make it seem like summer! Isn't the water cold?!

    We are also really enjoying the nice weather!!

    ~sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids say the water is warm, but it's not warm enough for me! Glad you like the px!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Ruth! Love the poem and love the sepia pictures.

    ReplyDelete