Friday was a beautiful day!
Where’s Ben?
At Bibletime we finished our study of Noah’s Ark. This informative illustration is from the Rose Book of Bible Charts, Maps, & Time Lines. We all enjoyed it; this book is a treasure of interesting Bible supplements, all reproducible for classroom purposes.
Lots of food for thought and conversation there.
After supper Dad took a truckful of kids to cut wood in the South Grove. The kids have been clearing brush and pulling down dead trees with the four-wheeler, and Dad has been wanting to cut up the wood. I walked and took some px on the way.
Peaches!
Potatoes look good in this patch; other patch doesn’t look nearly this nice. We’re not for sure why.
It was a beautiful evening. Oh how we love summertime!
Lots of big help.
Lots of little help!
First black raspberry!
[gotta love those dirty hands, huh?!]
There was room on the truck for some more wood, so Dad felled a few more dead trees.
Josh was all eyes and ears.
BEFORE the kids started working down there, THIS is what the South Grove looked like (this is to the west of the section in the next picture).
AFTER they have spent lots of hours (their free time), THIS is what it looks like. There is still a LOT of poison ivy and oak which will be eradicated soon, and obviously there is a LOT of work to do yet, but this is a tiny taste of our vision of a South Grove picnic/camping area. It is so beautiful among the trees. And it’s odd how fun it is to work down there – kind of like our own little pioneer area… taming the wilderness like they used to do…
Done for the night.
Unloading…
Which led to a spontaneous but rewarding photo shoot. Beautiful background and props!
Did I mention it was a beautiful evening?!
Firefly night!
S’mores…
…a wonderful perk of summer.
Six curious little kittens were not long in joining us – and oh what fun! Little Spanky wasn’t the only kitten that was intrigued by the fire, but (s)he was the only one I caught on camera. Many laughs!
And much fun with kittens…
Dad & I finally put the littles to bed, but the bigs stayed out to enjoy the beautiful night (except Levi who had to milk today). I went out later to see what they were up to…
*smile*
?????????
And still later…
Yes, the intent was to sleep under the stars, but by 1:00 they were all in the house because they couldn’t get to sleep. The kittens were keeping them awake. (?) Oh well, obviously they had fun anyway!
Since I can comment again for whatever reason, I'll quickly say I've LOVED all the recent posts! Looks like you're having a lot of fun! Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks! Love, Carrie
ReplyDelete