And another COOL day in June – feels like April!
Monday was rainy and cool. Inside messes abounded!
Tuesday was cool. I did errands in Morton in the afternoon and picked up this 3/4 size guitar at a garage sale. Kate was quite pleased, as was I. She’s been trying to play the full-size guitars but they’re just pretty big for her; she was wondering when we could get a small one for her. Guess now is the right time!
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord. Psalm 127:3
After Tuesday afternoon’s rain - -
And God said…I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. Genesis 9:12-13
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord….come before his presence with singing. Psalm 100:1-2
Wednesday was cool & rainy here (AGAIN!) but Dad & I were in St. Louis where it was warm & sunny. We were picking up a new van - - thanks for taking us down, Grandpa & Grandma! The kids did fine despite the drizzly day, but they and we are all ready for summer to return!
A van is a van is a van. The old one was green, a bit smaller, a LOT dirtier, and it’s STILL at Mike’s Garage (going on 3 weeks) and he STILL can’t pinpoint the problem :( (and he is a very good mechanic!). We are very thankful our van search is done. And we really like our new one a lot. Mainly because it RUNS!!!! :)
Thursday ASK brought me some bars for my birthday since she will be in Alaska for the actual day. Yummmm…
What do you do when LOTS of little hands want to taste and it’s right before lunch?
Pretty fascinating, all those lovely m’n’ms.
THANK you ASK for the wonderful scotcharoos. What a treat!
Some reading time…
…then the middle kids (Tori, Jacob, Kate, Ben) PICKED MORE WILD BLACK RASPBERRIES!!!!!
They are so good!!
Today was Friday job day. One of Sarah and Jewel’s jobs is to straighten the clothes in their closet drawers. They did their job quite heartily today, I must say!!!
And they were so happy working together today – what a blessing!! Just to set the record straight: not all days are this idyllic. Monday for example was not fun. Spatty, disobedient, whiny kids, lots of correcting and disciplining, WIPES ME OUT. So I don’t blog about it because it’s depressing to think about it again. But it does happen, although thankfully not often. So we had meetings with certain kids on Tuesday night and addressed certain attitudes which are not acceptable in our home, and things have gone much better since then. Precept upon precept, precept upon precept ,line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little…Isaiah 28:13. Hmm. More on that later. Must keep moving to get this done.
Happy helpers de-hairing all the hairbands (why in the bathtub?????)(I don’t know!!!!!).
Best friends…
…but not always, oh no. I just don’t take px when they’re hitting each other or crying or sitting on chairs!!!!!!!!!!
[for the most part though they do love each other a lot and get along really well together which makes life much more pleasant!]
Happy Birthday Ruth! Ok, so, a van is a van is a van...but a van that runs is priceless!! :) Also one that is clean is a miracle! At least it is at our house! Enjoy the sticky freeness while it lasts! :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't expect to get this opportunity, but I'll say it again (this time only 2 days early since you won't get it until the 27th)(and probably the only time I'll get to tell you this from Alaska!). Happy Birthday Ruth!! You are the best sister in the world! I love you (and all the barnacles, of course) and am so thankful for you all!
ReplyDeleteLove -
ASK
And did I ever tell you how much I like your blog? I always like to read it and look at the pictures of the barnacles, but it comes in especially handy when I'm out of state (like now and when I was in Japan).
ReplyDeleteASK in AK