<Tori>
There’s hasn’t been much going on here this week. This evening Dad and Mom went out for supper, Levi, Jesse, Jacob, and Ben went down to Sauder's to go fishing, and the rest of us hung out here. Tomorrow we are headed to WI Dells for the Kaiser Getaway. It should be a fun weekend, with lots of swimming, late nights, and fun with family.
Two of Kaitlyn’s sphinx moths hatched.
Some bug that Kaitlyn caught.
The entrance to the lake was put in this week.
The pasture before the lake is dug, facing southeast.
Looking north from near the bridge.
Looking south from the top of the hill.
Honey-grilled chicken, one of our favorites.*
Jacob after working with the calves awhile.
*Honey-Grilled Chicken
5# skinless chicken pieces (we prefer thighs, wings, legs)
Marinade:
3/4 cup honey
1 cup water
1 cup vinegar
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Mix marinade ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate overnight or a couple of nights. Cook over indirect heat for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally. Do not grill on foil.
(indirect heat = turn outside burners on high, but place meat on inside grates on which burners are left off)
[from Mom: This recipe is one of our favorite suppers, all except DAD!!! The original recipe used sugar, but I modified it to use honey instead, and the result was wonderful, very sweet and juicy. And SIMPLE which is big for me. I’m not a huge chicken fan myself, so I thought I was doing pretty good to find a recipe that the kids liked and I liked too. I mean, REALLY liked, like we can have it once a week and no one ever gets tired of it! EXCEPT DAD!!!! He HATES it!!! So he gets a hamburger or steak instead :). (Is he pampered or what?!!!!!)(Of course HE IS! He’s DA’ DAD!!!!!!)]
A lake! Who is it for? Who is building it?
ReplyDeleteDad's cousin Dave is building it on his property, and we're hoping they'll share.
ReplyDelete