Dad and the boys were right tired of steel at this point and were ready for Uncle Jerry's crew to finish the inside, but they were busy with other projects so Dad and our crew just started right in on the inside. First they did the walls, saving the ceiling for Uncle Jerry's crew...then they started the ceiling...then they went ahead and finished the ceiling too! Steel work was completed January 1, 2010, and it looks FABULOUS (ok, so I'm not an expert on steel, and I may be a little biased, but still...)
Making Christmas goodies...
S
o... we were on a roll and I got the wild idea to try some of Aunt Jills fabulous Oreo Balls. While getting the recipe from the Morris cookbook, I spotted a Buckeyes recipe that looked do-able. Now, Buckeyes have a history with our family, the history being sad and unsuccessful. I had another recipe that I'd tried and failed enough times to give it up, even though it's one of Jesse's favorite treats. This recipe was entirely different than the other one, so I gave it a whirl with wild success! Back to the Oreo Balls...they were a success also, although they didn't look nearly as nice as Aunt Jill's do. But they tasted just as good!We got the children as a group this huge K'nex set for Christmas which they soon turned into this amazing roller coaster. This is Dad and Jesse working out a few glitches on the final project.
And....a too-cute picture of Grandpa Kaiser [smile].
No comments:
Post a Comment