Here I thought last week was gray….today is the grayest day ever. Kind of a low fog combined with cold cold cold and dirty melting snow. The kind of day where the nuggets are a little harder to find. Here are a few:
Play-doh is reserved for Saturday mornings inside; it’s kind of a treat that we don’t do every day. Jewel is feeling some better, thank You, Lord. She still isn’t 100%….she just doesn’t does have the sparkle that she usually does. She’s getting there, though.
“Take a picture of me, Mom!”
Tori was trying to get a picture of Joshua onto my phone for me [smile].
Benjamin and Sarah had a good time smashing what was left of the snowfort.
The girls and I did our regular Saturday morning kitchen work (egg casserole and coffeecake) and I spent some time patching (remember Ben’s snowpants??). Otherwise, just taking care of little ones and cleaning up messes (like playdoh for example). Joshua was fussy again today; again I don’t know why. Should I blame it on teeth? He woke up too early, was fussy all morning, took an early morning nap which should have been long but wasn’t, and fussed then too. He’s fine if he’s being held, so we just took turns holding him and doing our tasks. My left arm gets quite sore; I guess that means I’m building muscle, huh? Levi, Jesse, and Jacob went to Menards for supplies, and Kaitlyn, Benjamin, and Sarah went with Dad to Morton to do errands. Tori and I worked inside; Tori worked on typing old Kaos newsletters for the history we’re compiling. After lunch, I sent everyone outside while I walked; then I took a catnap while Joshua napped. Dad and the boys worked on things in the shed and with the new truck. Then chores, supper prep, and supper. We did Bibletime at the table again, still reading about the plagues and God hardening Pharoah’s heart. I love our singing around the table after supper. I don’t know why, but in the kitchen it just sounds better or something. I wish Dad and the kids liked to sing more….they do it willingly enough, but I’m never ready to quit when they are. So…. during dishes and baths, I just sang by myself awhile, while I played piano. It’s been a long time since I did that, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Joshua played with me some then after his bath. It’s a little harder to play with a wiggle on my lap, but it was still ok, and he had fun too. Since he’s getting a littler older I might have more chances to play again; I really miss when I don’t get to play although I would never wish away Joshua’s baby days. Even on his fussy days, he just lights up our day…I can hardly believe he’ll be one in a week. Where did the time go?
I joined the others in the family room then and played Duplos with Sarah and Jewel while Dad read Rascal and everybody else did whatever else. I put Josh to bed then while the rest started watchingWhere the Red Fern Grows. I watched briefly, enough to know that I had better things to do. It’s one of my favorite books, and the movie was terrible; it just butchered the book. So I put Jewel to bed, after awhile put Sarah to bed, got myself ready for bed, and every time I stuck my nose in the family room for a few minutes my opinion was just reinforced: I wasn’t missing a thing. Afterwards, the kids agreed; the movie wasn’t nearly as good as the book.
Then, beds and this.
No comments:
Post a Comment