July 2026

July 2026
Over the years, we've always compared our family life to a wagon train heading west. Just as everyone had to do his part to get to Oregon years ago, so everyone in our family must do his/her part to make our journey through life successful. If somebody climbs in the wagon and lets the others do the work, we just don't make any progress. We all have to pull our weight and work together. Along the trail we find lots of pebbles that make for a smooth ride and some bigger rocks that jar us a little; we hit the occasional pothole that can slow us down. But if we purpose to search diligently, there are countless gold nuggets and precious gemstones along the way as well. This journal is an attempt to preserve some of those precious moments for our children, and our children's children, as together we travel this trail called life.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11


Friday, January 29, 2010

1-29-10 Attitude

I found this article in a Tazwellite newsletter, I think, many years ago.  I have no idea who wrote it. It’s another one of those gems that I want our kids to know and live:

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.  It is more important that the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearances, giftedness, or skill.  it will make or break a company… a church… a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.

We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.  We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude…I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you…we are in charge of our attitudes.

*****************************************************************************************

Today was a routine Friday in the morning: studying for Levi and Jesse, cleaning jobs for the rest, and catch-up jobs for me.  Joshua loves to help sweep! Anything noisy…he’s loving it.

100_0814 100_0858

So wonderful to see the sun shining, even though it’s still very cold (high of 15 I think).  After lunch, boys worked on hauling manure among other chores.  I walked with Karol; then sent everyone outside for some sunshine and fresh air.  After a short fourwheeler ride, Tori took them in the shed for awhile, and I took Sarah to a routine well-check with Dr. Luce.  It went fine; I was impressed because we were out of there in 30 minutes. Then we went to Kroger and picked up Papa Murphy’s Pizza on the way home.  Given the choice of going out for pizza (Pizza Ranch or Pizza Hut) or pizza in, pizza in won.  Papa Murphy’s is hard to beat.  After supper Dad & I met with Levi and Jesse, then Dad finally got warm during a wild wrestling match.  I escaped to the piano bench and played a little bit.  Dad read Rascal in the family room awhile, and everybody else did their usual except we outlawed the computers (all 3) for the evening.  We survived.  Now this is done, Dad’s working on some emails yet, the 3 littlest are in bed, and the 6 oldest are watching a WWII dvd that the younger children don’t need to see.  Joshua was up at 5:00 this morning and stayed up; therefore I’m tired and heading to bed soon, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment