It’s kind of a normal day today except for this sweet but sad picture of our little Jewel. Sweet because sleeping little girls are….well…sweet, but sad because she’s sleeping because she doesn’t feel good. She slept for a couple hours this morning which was very good because during the night she was up some. This afternoon she’s a little perkier….Benjamin’s taking a picture right now of her playing beside me. It’s always a relief when sick children act normal again. So far, no one else has symptoms so we’ll keep praying…and disinfecting doorknobs, handles, chairs, and so on.
Morning nap.
Afternoon play.
Our favorite subject…again. Joshua is at such an adorable age, and since he doesn’t have a cold and is so happy, his fan club just takes picture after picture. (Ummm….I’m part of his fan club too, I must admit.)
Fridays we don’t do academics, so everyone just starts working on their Friday job lists after breakfast. I do mine too, and then start in on all the managing that never ends: planning meals, thawing meat, ironing, patching, sending get-well cards, preparing baby gifts, and so on. With the older boys home, lunch can get pretty rowdy…seems like they try to out-goof each other, seeing who can make the others laugh most. Maybe it’s a boy thing, I don’t know, but the girls don’t get so wound up…sometimes it’s worse than a Laurel & Hardy movie around here. Anyway, my best survival technique is to threaten them with solo dishes if they’re not outside in 5 minutes. They scat fast! Get that energy outside, and put it to work. Levi and Jesse finished up their bookwork for the week, then they started in on the list they made with Dad. Somewhere in there they took Jesse's fox up to Rocke Wildlife Studio where he is having it tanned. Jacob had a spelling test to take in addition to his Friday jobs, but he was still outside right after lunch. Ben was done with his list too, and he went out to check fence with Levi…. got a nice rip in his snowpants. One of their jobs today was to play, I mean, work with the new truck.
OOPS
Obviously they were having fun!
Good thing we have a snowplow now. How did we manage without it?
Checking out the hoist.
After the girls got dishes and jobs done, they went outside too, taking Joshua for awhile too. Jewel did not go out at all. Tori took out ashes and brought up wood after she brought Joshua to me, and I put him to nap then read to Jewel for awhile. Sarah missed out on the reading today as she and Ben were pretty busy outside. They came in filthy! I think Kate helped the boys haul manure too. When Tori and Kate came in, I walked and enjoyed the fresh air thoroughly. Then I worked on computer awhile and managed cleanup and supper prep...just like normal. Dad was later than usual, but right on time for a Friday: got home 6:30. I had fed Joshua earlier but he was still fussy...don't know why. We did Bibletime at the supper table then, and had a lively time discussing the plague of hail and fire running along the ground. Everyone has an opinion about something or other. Benjamin wondered if Moses was hit by hail when he was summoned to Pharoah. Hmmm, don't know that one. After dishes we spent the evening in the family room, and Dad read library books to the littles awhile. After I put Joshua and Jewel to bed, the vote was to stop reading Big Red (too boring) and start Rascal, so Dad read awhile until his eyes kept closing. I read awhile then, and when I couldn't read over the noise of Dad's snoring, I stopped, and we had a snack of Snack Mix Squares (Tori's specialty, our favorite) and grape juice (made by Kaitlyn). Then evening chores and bed for littler children...now Dad's working on tax stuff, I'm doing this... another wonderful cozy winter evening at home with those we love so much...
Sometimes it doesn't seem fair that we are so blessed, in every way we can possibly think of, when so many others in the world are suffering. Christians are persecuted for their faith, starving, abused, homeless, helpless; the unsaved are lost without hope, sometimes suffering physically too, such as in Haiti. The world needs Jesus Christ; in our cozy bubble of life, we must do our part to show and share the joy of salvation wherever and whenever we can. If we're willing and our lights are shining, God will use us. Help us O God.
No comments:
Post a Comment