I stayed at home with Sarah, Jewel, and Joshua, who still have runny noses and coughs. I found myself on the slippery brink of discouragement this morning, so wishing they could all be better again so we could all go to church. God is so faithful, encouraging me through Dad; he reminded me that SPRING WILL COME. Tom had the morning sermon and spoke a lot about the importance of training our children in God's ways in order to pass on the heritage of faith that has been given to us. He read in II Chronicles 34, about Josiah's good reign from age 8. The second reading was II Peter 2, and Tom spoke of the horrors of hell (v.4), Noah who likely faced ridicule but stood fast in obedience (v. 5), Abraham and Lot (v. 6-8), wells without water (v. 17), and other things of which I can't remember all. Tom pointed out that Lot had to share the responsibility for misleading those of his children that stayed back in Sodom. It was a good reminder to me of the responsibility we have of caring for the children God has given us: spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically (which is why I'm not at church today).
While I was writing above, my 2 little girls were playing dollhouse. The mommy was Jolynn, the daddy was Kevin, the baby was Drew. Sweet. [smile]
After chores, A. Sarah and U. Kenny & A. Devon came for supper and a fun evening. Joshua was quite impressed with U. Kenny's hair...he petted it so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment