Friday morning Ron & Dustin first tore out all the temporary boards of the east wall, then they build it back up, leaving openings for windows.
See the board to the left of the windows? It’s called a rake (I think)(I hear all these construction terms all the time and I probably know enough to be dangerous.). At any rate, we’re having a debate here as to whether or not to put it up (what you see here is temporary. The real thing will actually look like an eave; it will stick out twelve inches like the right side of the windows). See later picture of post for view without the rake, and please cast your ballot soon: with rake or without rake.
Saturday morning dawned bright and beautiful and found all kids above the age of Sarah on the roof with Dad. Tensions were high as everyone was tired of shingling, but we got ‘er done anyway and everyone still likes each other too! Aah the character-building opportunities we have been given through this project!!
And then some massive cleanup before choretime.
Roofing is done (except for some tricky parts that Dustin from CIT is going to finish up today).
I like the extra eave. It adds more character
ReplyDeleteAlso, after looking at it a little while longer, without the eave, the transom windows look like they are off center.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Karol. The "rake" adds a finishing touch to group the big set of windows. LLK
ReplyDeleteI'd say go with the rake. It looks better with it, IMO.
ReplyDeleteMatthew E.