Early this morning -
No bare feet allowed!!
Jewel did these puzzles and then took the picture all by herself!
I’m not sure if she’s working too hard, the book was boring, or the painkiller for her mouthache wiped her out. Or all three!
Dad has always carried a 20# (really!) briefcase to work, but the last few nights he’s expanded into bringing a box home too!!
After supper, more roofwork. Then Levi & Jesse got home early from their LAST WELDING CLASS, WOOHOO!!! (And they both got A’s!!! Great job boys!!!) Marty as well as Gabriel and Josiah were here to help today, and they plus our crew got the entire garage shingled and a lot more torn off too. I’m so glad to see progress – I’ll be so glad when this roof is done. I don’t love all these nails around and I don’t love people on roofs. Just seems a little dangerous is all.
20% chance of rain tonight, and it’s what we’ve been praying for. Just as we don’t pray for rain and leave the umbrella in the closet, oh no, we don’t pray for rain and leave the roof uncovered.
Let it rain!
Another tired trooper (the other one is not tired. He’s rarely tired. He’s kind of like the energizer bunny. Just never quits. Actually he kind of reminds me of a certain little Whitaker girl…).
And did you notice the grass? Yes, that brownish yellow stuff is actually grass. This is one really dry summer.
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment