by Jacob
Saturday morning Dad and I extracted honey. At 7:30 I went out and put a heat lamp on all the supers because they had been sitting out in the shed all night; it gets down to low forties at night. All the honey would be really stiff and it would be hard to cut the wax caps off with the hot knife. Then Dad started cutting off the wax with the hot knife and then I got the next frame all loosened. Then we would extract it. We ended up with eight gallons. While we were doing honey, Jesse was at Farm and Fleet buying a gate for across the road. When he got back we went and installed it. Then U. Randy harvested the field in the pasture so we moved the cows into there once he was done. That night we had supper outside around the fire. We had hotdogs, apples with caramel, hot chocolate, baked beans, and s’mores. It was a fun evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment