by Kaitlyn
Right now for my chores I have to collect eggs, make salads, and make ice. Right now we are getting 4-6 dozen eggs a day!! We have about 100 Leghorn chickens that are just starting to lay eggs so we are getting about 7-20 eggs a day from them!! I have to clean the eggs if Dad and Mom don’t want salads. Sarah does them if they want a salad. I also have to feed and water the cats and dog. One of our mother cats got hit on the road and she had three kittens. They were pretty little when the mother cat got hit on the road so I fed them a couple of eggs a day. I still feed them but not every day. One of them died a few weeks ago but the other two are still very healthy!! We are hoping they make it through the winter!! Right now we have eleven tame cats. We have four tabby, three gray, one black, and two tabby and white mix kittens. Saturday Ben and I went down to the barn to pet the kittens. Tori came down with her book and was going to read in the barn. Then we went up to the haymow for awhile. There is a big rope swing up in the haymow. There were about eight bales of straw, and a few shovels and a few other things in the way so we moved them and then we swang on it for awhile. It is a really fun ride. Up in the haymow there are about five wild cats that we know of. One of the cats is named Wolverine. It is a really dark long-haired tabby cat!!! It is a very mean looking cat. I think Jacob and Levi are the only ones that have ever caught it, and that was when it was a kitten before it lived in the haymow. It was in the spring when they had gloves, sweatshirts, and hats on so the cat could not scratch the boys very good. We have a pretty good haymow!! It is a lot of fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment