Well so Monday was a great afternoon of skating, and then Monday evening the kids were invited to skate at Kochs’ rink. They had a great time. Yesterday though the rain and wind pretty muchly ended all skating for everyone for a good long time, if the weather forecast is dependable. And may I join the kids in saying that I’d rather have 20* and sunny than the 50*s we’ve had the last two days? The yard is a swamp, the rain/wind isn’t very pretty, a damp chill is worse than a brisk cold, and today’s fog was the worst yet. Hard to get motivated to take a walk in the rain/wind/fog even if it is “warm”; I’d much rather walk in a brisk bright blue cold than a dull gray bone-chilling damp.
Anyway. Good thing the Master Weatherman knows just what we need, and good thing He can help my attitude be right on the days I don’t like quite so well. For tonight – I’m just praying for all to get home safely. I did a few errands in Morton today and thankfully didn’t have to drive far, because the fog was really thick. Dumbest thing is so many people don’t drive with their lights on. Not sure what goes with that. Like I said, I’ll be glad to have everyone home safe again.
A few pictures, starting with Sunday afternoon when Tori claimed the warm spot over the woodburner vent. Note the extremely stylish blanket she was wearing which was made my grandma back in the 1900s. A few weeks ago I was putting stuff away in the storage room and came across a couple of crocheted?knitted afghans, one made by my Grandma Steiner and one made by Dad’s Grandma Sauder. I decided I was tired of storing something that could be used and now both blankets are well used and fought over. And so stylish to wear, too.
Monday it was brisk and crisp and cold and I enjoyed a walk with all its fresh air and beauty.
Kate rides quite a bit when the ground is frozen; it looks like Monday was the last such day for awhile. Now, yesterday and today – not so much. The mushy marshy ground isn’t exactly safe for a horse to be walking on.
These two muskateers did a good job getting the hens back in after they accidentally were let out. Not sure we’ll be getting many eggs after their workout though.
School done, chores done, time for fun. Sarah hit the ice first.
Sky got prettier and prettier. Jewel wanted a quick turn on the 4wheeler before she skated.
Pictures cannot do the sunset justice.
Kate and Jacob.
Jacob, Ben, Josh, Sarah, Jewel.
Not sure why my camera doesn’t take as good of pictures as the Koch camera later that night (could be the lower-quality camera or the lower-quality photographer)(or both). Whatever the case, after supper the kids had a great time skating some more. Hoping this truly wasn’t the last skate though. It’s not been a great skating year. And, since we missed the snow and ice storm while we were in FL, it’s not been a great year for sledding behind the 4wheeler either. Oh well. We’ll take what we get and be thankful whether we like it or not!!!
Thanks Kochs for the invite and for the px!
No comments:
Post a Comment