I enjoy making these snuggly towels to give as baby gifts and decided to preserve the directions so my kids and others can make them too. They’re fast and easy to throw together; hopefully these instructions will be helpful.
First, buy a washcloth.
Fold over a third of the washcloth onto itself, hiding tag inside; pin and stitch.
Fold in half to form a rough square, with right sides together; stitch short ends.
Turn right side out; hood is finished.
To attach hood to towel, first lay out towel on table with tag on underside in bottom right corner, as shown.
Mark center of top edge of towel with a straight pin.
With right sides together, and curving towel to fit hood, pin stitched/seamed edge of hood to towel. Stitch.
Done.
That’s it!
Now how easy is that?! (I have two left thumbs and am NOT gifted in sewing, so if I can do this, anyone can .)(Although I can’t begin to remember how many times I’ve had to rip out seams when I’ve stitched the hood inside-out or stitched the wrong side of the hood to the towel, arghh.) Feel free to call me if you have any questions!
Meanwhile – enjoy your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment