A morning of Friday jobs, then some free time on a warm but cloudy-ish day.
By mid-afternoon, Jacob was home for final packing & preparations. When Andrew came out a little before 5:00, he drove by a neighbor’s tractor burning in the field; needless to say, all trip prep stopped for a time.
Was glad when Josiah came a few minutes later and told us he saw our neighbor standing safely beside the tractor. This wasn’t exactly the pre-trip picture I had envisioned, but it was a good one anyway! I got a few smiles but couldn’t get most eyes away from the fire.
All kids found good viewing spots. Ladder was conveniently there already because Ben’s been doing some swing repairs. Josh is at top of slide; only the tiptop of his head is showing.
Since I had pizza in the oven at 450*, I passed the camera up high and headed back to the house. Someone got some pretty sobering pictures. Very thankful no one was hurt.
Also thankful for emergency squad that had the fire under control amazingly fast.
Back to packing.
Ready to go,
a few good-byes,
and they’re off!!
After supper, a beautiful but cool night at Dave’s pond.
A few pond scenes -
Why??
I guess because youth has no fear.
Best kind of fishing – no bait so no fish to mess with
.
Favorite game: Run Across The Water Without Getting Your Pants Wet.
Obviously no one was catching any fish.
Until Ryan came out.
And caught about 20 fish in the first hour. I might be exaggerating but not much. I’ve never seen cast/catch, cast/catch, cast/catch like he did.
This young man knows how to fish, and we look forward to learning a lot from him this summer!
Ben’s wet head – yeah, he fell in again. Seems to be a common happening when we’re at the pond.
Renewed determination since Ryan very ably showed us how to do it.
This one likes to canoe - solo.
Josh scooped up some water and got this little sunfish with it. His excitement was so cute!
that’s it
No comments:
Post a Comment