Where did the week go? Time doth softly sweetly glide, when there’s love at home. Well, it certainly glides at a rapid pace lately, I guess because we’re having some fun and there’s certainly a lot of love at home. I’m glad the kids are taking some turns posting on here – I enjoy reading what they come up with :). They have used some of my pictures, but there are a few they didn’t, so I’ll try to get them up too.
This was the sunrise last Friday morning (a week ago yesterday). It was stunning…this picture turned out beautiful but still doesn’t do justice to the real thing.
This was also last Friday – Jewel is now zooming around trying not to crash into things! (not always successful at that though!)
She tired herself out…this is how I found her during reading time … fast asleep.
There. Doesn’t that look more comfortable?
I think Tori & Kate both wrote about the rain we had Friday night…we were in Morton and came home to a LOT of water! We had 3.1” in the rain gauge that night, and after it rained all day Saturday we ended up with about 3.8”.
The beginning of the week was cool and cloudy so we were inside a lot again. Joshua spent more time with his tractors – so cute to watch him play with them. Notice the plowed field behind him – all the kids like to work the carpet so it’s nicely striped.
The basement farm collection has somehow migrated upstairs!
Yesterday Josh was so excited for a ride with Jesse. He couldn’t stop smiling!
Air show!
It’s so fun to see Josh’s excitement! As the plane was spraying the neighbor’s field, it would turn around right over us before disappearing below the trees to spray. When it disappeared, Josh would say over and over, “Hummin’, hummin’” (It’s coming, it’s coming!). (For some reason lately, his /k/ sound has disappeared. Cows are now “hows” and Katie is now “Hatie.” It’s pretty cute.)
You can’t help but love a two-year-old’s excitement for life!
Don’t know if I mentioned it was a beautiful day :)
Earlier this spring we transplanted this iris beside the new red shed. We didn’t think it would bloom, but it did, beautifully.
More irises. They are so beautiful this year, and they smell sooo good!
Jenna and Amy came with Uncle Randy (their Grandpa) to check the fields. We were glad they stayed to play for a few minutes!
Dad likes LOTS of ice in his water -
He said it was the COLDEST and BEST water he’s ever had!! :)
Beautiful bouquet. The purple on the left is the lone iris from the red shed plant – sheared off by the Frisbee! I don’t think Tori could do that again if she tried a hundred times! And the one on the right is from a ditch iris that I hope to transplant to our yard. I may not know much about flowers, but I can certainly love them anyway!
That’s all for right now – I hear fireworks right outside my window so better check it out. I might be missing out on something!!
No comments:
Post a Comment