So my basement kitchen table collects a lot of stuff. It's a nice place to send things that I don't want cluttering up my upstairs kitchen, y'know?
Canning rings drying, tomatoes and apples waiting to be processed, kettles and canners and boxes and tubs and groceries and cooling jars and... stuff. Every few days I tackle this table, and it seems like a big job. Because it just looks like a big mess. Kind of overwhelming sometimes to come downstairs, turn the corner and find this:
Or this:
But.
I've learned that the best way to tackle this job is the same way to tackle any big job:
One Thing At A Time.
That's it.
Focus on one thing, and put it away.
Then focus on another thing, and put it away.
Then focus on another thing, and put it away.
Then focus on another thing, and put it away.
Don't look at the big pile; don't look at everything at once. Just look at one thing and get 'er done.
And a few short minutes later - - -
DONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment