…and farewell August with all your rain and humidity. You won’t be missed.
Last time I blogged, I had enjoyed a little get-away to Shipshewana, IN, with Grandma Kaiser and most of my Kaiser sistersinlaw. We had just finished the dock, got it on Dave’s pond, and had enjoyed it once or twice.
So since then, where have I been??
Well, all of a sudden like *blink* it was time for school to start up. And, since Dad & I had not gone to the convention last spring, I had not given much thought at all to curriculum this year. Which isn’t that big of a deal, since we’ve done this a time or three; but there were still assignment sheets, schedules, and syllabuses to prepare. Job charts to re-do. Spelling lists to find and print out. Notebooks to make ready. Textbooks to get out. Pencils to sharpen. Etc. Nothing huge or big but all put together = busy.
And since the weather was hot & muggy and hot & muggy and did I mention rainy & humid and hot & muggy?, many afternoons, after kids were done with their schoolwork and I had some prep work done for other subjects (we’ve never started school all in one day – gotta ease into it kinda gradual-like you know), we’d spend a couple hours on the dock. Fun times.
And.
Did I mention the Really Neat stores we went to in Shipshewana? One happened to be a fabric store with this beautiful music-themed fabric. Bluegrass instruments plus a harp plus a few brass instruments. Another fabric with music staves on it. Plus a beautiful grayish fabric with cool words on it like sonata, opera, allegro, and forte. I was pretty quickly convinced by Grandma and my sistersinlaw that I needed to make this fabric into a decorative quilt wallhanging (seeings that before we left on the trip, everyone had given advice/opinions on proposed similarly-themed decor for our greatroom)(which is now, after four short years, finished)(!). With Grandma and A. Sandy’s invaluable help picking out coordinating fabrics and correct amounts of each one, AND, with Grandma’s promise of help on said project, I took the plunge and bought the fabrics.
Well. Since my sewing closet was chock full of patching, altering, towels to be hooded, and other such projects, I of course could not start this new quilt project before all the other projects were complete.
Which means it’s been a busy couple of weeks. But very productive weeks, I might add!
This was Friday - - -
And this was yesterday afternoon before we packed up for the day.
Stay tuned for more project progress - - -
and hopefully a little more blogging once the quilt is done - - -
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. Psalm 40:8
No comments:
Post a Comment