July 2026

July 2026
Over the years, we've always compared our family life to a wagon train heading west. Just as everyone had to do his part to get to Oregon years ago, so everyone in our family must do his/her part to make our journey through life successful. If somebody climbs in the wagon and lets the others do the work, we just don't make any progress. We all have to pull our weight and work together. Along the trail we find lots of pebbles that make for a smooth ride and some bigger rocks that jar us a little; we hit the occasional pothole that can slow us down. But if we purpose to search diligently, there are countless gold nuggets and precious gemstones along the way as well. This journal is an attempt to preserve some of those precious moments for our children, and our children's children, as together we travel this trail called life.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11


Friday, June 19, 2020

Staycation Sunday

Beautiful patio morning.


Beautiful morning at church. 
Then a trip to John T. McNaughton Park in Pekin.
We had heard of it awhile ago but didn't have a chance to check it out until now. Needed to be a relatively cool but not rainy day, and we finally got a beautiful one. 
Really nice park. We only got lost on the trails a couple times but were able to find our way out using our highly developed wilderness skills. 
*and the trail map on my iphone*


Crazy people walked across this fallen log. After I took these pictures I left. I refuse to watch craziness.



No we did not bring this little treasure home with us.






Definitely the worst part of this park. Huge room for improvement here. Just in case you decide to visit the park. You need to know.





Driving away from the park, we passed this Rockin' P Public Riding Ranch. It was similar to what we have seen out west - down to the rundown buildings and goat playground. The horses and stables looked very healthy and clean, but the rest of the facility was obviously cut from the budget some time ago. Which is kind of a shame because at one time it was probably a really cool working horse farm.






There was no one else there, and the gal at the office said we could look around wherever we wanted. So we did.


A few people in the background had trailered their horses in to ride the trails. This place also boards horses.









Tourist sign. Sure sign that we're on a staycation day.


Another detour as we drove home.
Who knew?





Home for supper with our people.



I took a turn. I can now say I have shot a gun. It didn't do much for me, but I can say I did it. Not that it was on my bucket list to shoot a gun, because it wasn't, but still I can say I shot a gun. Woohoo.



Little guy is so adorable talking to his beautiful mama. He clearly loves her most.









No comments:

Post a Comment