July 2026

July 2026
Over the years, we've always compared our family life to a wagon train heading west. Just as everyone had to do his part to get to Oregon years ago, so everyone in our family must do his/her part to make our journey through life successful. If somebody climbs in the wagon and lets the others do the work, we just don't make any progress. We all have to pull our weight and work together. Along the trail we find lots of pebbles that make for a smooth ride and some bigger rocks that jar us a little; we hit the occasional pothole that can slow us down. But if we purpose to search diligently, there are countless gold nuggets and precious gemstones along the way as well. This journal is an attempt to preserve some of those precious moments for our children, and our children's children, as together we travel this trail called life.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12-1-10 Almost Done

Tori, our 3 littles, and I went to Pekin for Tori’s second-to-last ortho appointment. As in …she’s almost done! She was fitted for her retainer today, and next week, Lord willing, she’ll get her braces OFF!!! We did some chase also, but made good time and were still home by 11:00 to do some school meetings before lunch. Finished up after lunch and had a routine but very cold (I guess that is kind of routine for this time of the year…) afternoon inside. About the time I was trying to get up the gumption to walk, I took a 40 minute phone call from SpeedNet which didn’t accomplish a whole lot. SpeedNet simply isn’t lately. So that curtailed my plans to walk and kind of put me in a grump because of the wasted time. Oh well, I got over it. Levi was at Precision all day; Jesse studied and did some things for Dad outside in the morning and went to help Uncle Randy for a few hours after lunch. When jobs were done there was still plenty of time for the latest K’nex craze. After supper we enjoyed listening to an archived sermon and then everyone headed to beds. Dad and I took his car to Mike’s Garage for an oil change and picked up a few things at Walmart before heading home to warmth. Have I mentioned it was bitter cold all day? Wind chill of 10, I think. Welcome winter! Sarah’s cold/asthma is much better, and Joshua also is on the mend, thankfully.
Joshua helped put groceries away.
100_4694
A contraption.
100_4696
That’s it; good-night.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a contraption all right! Interesting!

    ASK

    ReplyDelete