September 2025

September 2025
Over the years, we've always compared our family life to a wagon train heading west. Just as everyone had to do his part to get to Oregon years ago, so everyone in our family must do his/her part to make our journey through life successful. If somebody climbs in the wagon and lets the others do the work, we just don't make any progress. We all have to pull our weight and work together. Along the trail we find lots of pebbles that make for a smooth ride and some bigger rocks that jar us a little; we hit the occasional pothole that can slow us down. But if we purpose to search diligently, there are countless gold nuggets and precious gemstones along the way as well. This journal is an attempt to preserve some of those precious moments for our children, and our children's children, as together we travel this trail called life.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11


Monday, December 20, 2010

12-19-10 Sunday


Another beautiful Sunday in which we all got to attend church. Singing was beautiful, fellowship was precious, and messages were edifying. We read and thought much on Job; his faith amidst calamity was unshaken and noteworthy to us. Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him Job 13:15. One TakeAway from the day was from I Corinthians 8, where we are exhorted not to let our liberty become a stumblingblock to another.  The word picture was of a pocketful of marbles; a hole in our pocket would give cause for those following behind to us to stumble.  If we know we are causing others to stumble, we will patch the hole; that is, we will correct our action. Search me O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting Psalm 139:23 & 24. Oh Lord, let me never be a stumblingblock to anyone.
After church, Dad did some stuff at home while Joshua napped (asthma doesn’t do well with winter sports), so I got to go sledding again. ASK came too, and we had a great time trying out the new sleds from Grandpa and Grandma. They were GREAT!!! Soon after we started sledding, Kate (I think) went airborne when she accidentally went over Ben’s sled; that was the beginning of an ongoing sled jump that proved to be quite entertaining, somewhat dangerous, very painful, and (thus) loads of fun! I couldn’t muster up the courage (stupidity?) to go over it, but I sure had a great time watching and video-ing the kids going over. The new sleds went soooo fast – almost too fast for me, but the kids loved them.  It was so fun!!  Hopefully I’ll get some videos uploaded in addition to the pictures – there were some wild rides – and landings! Why something so painful was so fun I’ll never understand, but I guess it has something to do with the thrill of risking life and limb for the best jump. I finally had to head in with freezing toes (had to start supper too); even Jewel and Sarah didn’t want to come in with me but stayed out to come in with the big kids. They were out until 4:30! Then chores, supper, and ping pong and games with Grandpa and Grandma Steiner coming out later too. Then beds for all.
It wasn’t very sunny – actually we never saw the sun once – but still was a  great day for sledding.
P1000753
P1000754
P1000758
Building the jump.
P1000774 
P1000761
P1000764
P1000777
P1000778
P1000779
P1000798
The steers occasionally got too close – thankfully there were no collisions, although there were some close calls!
P1000814
Jump maintenance man.
P1000817
P1000837
P1000846
That’s it – and now for some videos that are so much fun... there are a lot of them, but they are all so good!
This is a Kate wipeout:


SPEEDY KIDS -  Jacob and Kate. They went so fast!


These sleds really did go that fast - like I said, it was almost too fast for me. I like the speed, just not the thought of the sudden stop. I don't think the kids thought about that, though; or if they did, it certainly didn't seem to stop them!

This next one is titled Levi Flies. You'll see why!


This one is our unanimous favorite; we can't watch it without busting with laughter. It was so funny at the time - and we love remembering it! The kids think it could win America's Funniest Home Videos. Here's the scoop: Jacob was lying down behind the jump, to see if Jesse would jump right over him. Thinking Jesse was going to miss the jump, he stood up, and .....


What do you think? Could we win?

Enjoy this one - Levi Flies Again!



Doesn't that look like fun??!! 

Here's Ben -


Tori's Turn To Fly:


And - - - Kate Flies! (Does this look like fun? or NOT!!?)


This one is more my speed - Jewel loved it!



If you enlarge this video to full screen mode, you can see Jewel covering her face. Funny!

Tori & Kate in fine form:



We heard a lot of this:


Last but not least, due to my poor video technique (I'm still learning my camera and was switching back and forth between still and video), this is kind of a chopped off video, but at least I got the best part of this jump. And they insist this is fun; whatever. 

2 comments:

  1. GREAT videos!! It looks like a lot of fun...from a distance! Hope you have snow when we come! Love, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope Jacob was okay! He kinda got smashed!!!!
    Tyler

    ReplyDelete