September 2025

September 2025
Over the years, we've always compared our family life to a wagon train heading west. Just as everyone had to do his part to get to Oregon years ago, so everyone in our family must do his/her part to make our journey through life successful. If somebody climbs in the wagon and lets the others do the work, we just don't make any progress. We all have to pull our weight and work together. Along the trail we find lots of pebbles that make for a smooth ride and some bigger rocks that jar us a little; we hit the occasional pothole that can slow us down. But if we purpose to search diligently, there are countless gold nuggets and precious gemstones along the way as well. This journal is an attempt to preserve some of those precious moments for our children, and our children's children, as together we travel this trail called life.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12-7-10 COLD Tuesday

…and a nice slower one too. School was routine, boys milked like normal, and we all did same ol’ same ol’. I only wiped Joshua’s nose a few times – hopefully he’ll be back to normal by Derek’s wedding Saturday.  ASK stopped by for lunch and a COLD walk on her way back from Peoria for which I’m very thankful; I really miss walking but oh it’s sooo cold I just don’t like to go solo. Kids did dishes and bundled up for outside while ASK and I walked, and then I stayed out with the 3 Littles for a bit while the bigger 4 went to slide on the creek ice. I brought Joshua in for a nap, and S & J did their quiet time on the couch while I rocked Joshua. When the big kids got back, S & J went with them to sled across the road – as cold as it was I was surprised they stayed out as long as they did. I had the hot chocolate ready when they came in, and they jumped into chores and warmed right up. Aunt Joyce came out to read for awhile, and Jacob did a pretty good job on supper. Dad and I did a quick errand to Morton while kids did baths/showers and cleaned up dishes and the house, we did Bibletime when we got home, and kids were pretty quickly in bed with a Bible story tape.

Silly Kate!

100_4837

100_4838

I’m quite convinced we have enough computers now – the desktop isn’t even in the picture.

100_4842

That’s it; good-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment