I woke up at 5:00 with my head feeling like it was going to explode. Youchie, that’s no fun; it was bad. Tylenol and back to sleep – Dad got things up and moving later. I got up later than usual with my head still pretty tender but some better, thankfully. If I made no sudden moves I was okay, but still wasn’t too excited about going anywhere. Which was fine because with Joshua’s nose and Sarah’s coughing (no asthma though), I was planning to stay home anyway. Jewel stayed home too, and Kate stayed home to help me which I greatly appreciated; she has a cold too but it wouldn’t have kept her home. We enjoyed listening to church online; my TakeAway was great thankfulness for my ‘city of refuge’ – many of them, actually – but mainly our church and our home. In a world where so many have so little, some not even having a home or church home, we are so incredibly blessed with so much. And when faced with pain (even a measly irritating headache), how I rejoice to have a city of refuge where I can rest, relax, and recover. So after church we had a big ol’ talkfest with everybody before kicking them outside to play and chore. When Joshua woke up I took him out too; again, he loved it! I was surprised because it was so cold – seemed colder than yesterday, anyway. And somewhere along the line – can’t say exactly when because I don’t know exactly when – but at some point my headache was gone, Praise the Lord! ASK joined us for supper, and Grandpa and Grandma came in the evening then too, and we just had a relaxing evening here enjoying each other and appreciating our warm home.
Thank You Lord, for Your blessings on me.
Before church we watched the drama of a car turned on its side in the field north of Trone’s driveway. Levi drove up there after church and said where the car slid is a sheet of black ice. Yikes. Think I’ll just stay home awhile. Thankfully we saw no ambulance which means no injuries; actually before we left for church the car went by our house, as well as a fire truck and sheriff’s car. I don’t think the car was even dented.
After church – so many smiles (although I’m still quite baffled as to how fun it is racing over the bumpy rock-hard ground with snow flying in your face) meant so many pictures – they all turned out good!
It was nice to finally see the sun again.
I was riding on the back for this one – and yes my hands were freezing. It was only about 20 degrees but oh so pretty with the sun shining on the snow.
Dad is such a good sport – read his lips, “I HATE WINTER SPORTS!”
He went to help chore then, and I drove a bit before Tori took over so I could go inside and make hot chocolate and work on supper.
Remember our previous egg pictures? This sad update shows how our chickens feel about the cold. (Plus I heard whisperings that their choreboy isn’t keeping their feedpans full enough so that just MAY be a factor here too)(!).
After supper our boys were practicing push-ups…peer pressure drew Joshua right in too. Powerful force, that peer pressure thing.
Dad’s peaceful evening was prematurely ended by an attack of the ruffians.
Notice who’s on top.
Calmer crowd – showing Aunt Sarah the fun of Starfall.
As with most beginning readers, Sarah is always looking for a listener. She’s doing really good!
Silly putty fun.
More computering.
And more…
Thankfully we can still enjoy life without a laptop.
Grandpa introducing the kids to online checkers – where you can play against someone who doesn’t even speak English. Amazing.
Get ready, get set…
Digger ride!
Dad demonstrates his skill (or lack thereof) on the ukulele.
Goooooo Dad!
Too fun, and---
That’s it.
No comments:
Post a Comment