These pictures hardly do the morning justice – it was GORGEOUS, and the sun was out all day, and it was even more gorgeous, just a beautiful beautiful day. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again – God is a magnificent artist.
O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. Psalm 96:9
Routine otherwise, except our favorite Aunt Joyce came out to read and play games with the kids. Love that! Levi had the opportunity to work a late shift for Precision, so he was in for a quick supper after milking, then right back out again. The rest of the kids, A. Joyce, and I ate an early supper so we could be ready to leave right when Dad got home from work. A. Joyce left, we raced around doing k.p. and getting ready to go, and we were almost ready when Dad got home and grabbed a quick sandwich for supper (fresh bbq pork on fresh baked homemade whole wheat buns. Mmmmm!!!) before we raced out the door. We had a wonderful evening helping Aunt Shirley celebrate her 70th birthday (a few weeks early, but she & Uncle Dan will be in FL then) and catching up with extended family. It was such a great evening getting to talk to so many – kind of a miniature Steiner Reunion, but without the heat and humidity. The kids had fun with all the toys in the basement at Chestnut Place, and of course the birthday cake, ice cream, and cookies were a hit with everyone too. I am SO THANKFUL that I was well again and didn’t have to miss it…and glad we are on school break so children can sleep in tomorrow. Thanks, Diane and helpers, for your hospitality in hosting us all – we loved it!
Okay yours are great too in a different way. Love the close up of the branches. But.....well....Laynee's hee hees.
ReplyDelete