To review a little, I copied and pasted this from the Cinnabraid post awhile back. Nothing new with it, except for this post I'm adding a few pictures for those who haven't seen this done and who can't quite visualize what it means to flip the pan upside down...twice. Hopefully this clarifies it a little...
Mix thoroughly: 1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
Pour into two greased 9x13 pans. Place cut cinnamon rolls on mixture. Let rise 20-30 minutes. Bake 15-20 minutes. After baking, place cookie sheet upside down over rolls and flip the entire pan of rolls with its cookie sheet lid, inverting rolls so caramel oozes over rolls.
First note - you can add cinnamon to the caramel. I usually do. Not sure why this recipe didn't have cinnamon in it. Maybe bc when you're eating the deliciously rich gooey caramel, who can taste the cinnamon anyway? For this amount, I'd add 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
This is what it looks like before micro-cooking (pretty sure this is a tripled recipe).
Cook 1 minute at a time, stirring well when butter starts to soften up. You'll have to mix quick and hard to get the butter to blend with the other ingredients.
The pieces of butter that were left melted as I stirred; I didn't need to cook it again after the video. It's important not to overcook the caramel, as it will thicken and caramelize (or something)(not sure what the right word is). The caramel will get really thick and chewy.
It's a runny sauce and thickens up some as it sits and bakes. Idk why.
Use about 1 1/3 cups per 9x13.
Place rolls directly on/into caramel.
For ease of transporting and/or freezing, line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil, leaving ends long to wrap finished rolls in.
Tuck ends under pan, and grease well. I use oil spray, but lard would work as well.
Rolls, nicely baked. For my oven, outsides must be a little dark to ensure the middle is baked through.
First, flip jelly roll pan onto 9x13...
...then, flip both pans over together.
Remove 9x13 with a fork, being careful not to get a steam burn as you raise the 9x13.
Done.
Let cool; then spray rolls with a thin layer of oil spray, or lightly grease the foil, before wrapping rolls. Otherwise they don't unwrap quite as nicely.
Or skip the wrapping and just do some eating
ππππ
And that's it!
Easy peasey and oh so delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment