Welp it's been a few weeks since we got home from FL; and, despite the Winter Storm we're currently having, with its freezing blowing winds and snow, I'm so very glad to be home. I'm so thankful for my beautiful home. I love my home, and I love the people that live in my home and visit my home. Be it ever so humble, there's just no place like home.
Anyway.
Back to last week. Wednesday to be precise.
Last Thursday evening.
Do you see a common theme here? Books, books, and more books. So thankful these kids are so enthralled with books. It's a good obsession.
Wrestling with Grandpa is another favorite activity though!
๐
Friday night was delicious pizza at Levi & Echo's.
Kaitlyn was babysitting the Aberle kids over the weekend and brought them over awhile on Saturday. Ava was such a help in the kitchen! Which I appreciated as I had a lot to do... but which also meant I got no px of the other three kids.
Teacher and student.
When Kaitlyn left, Ava stayed and helped roll out the rolls; then she went skating at Wesley's rink with Sarah and Jewel. Sarah said she did great!
Since I mentioned skating - that's a beyond-the-pictures thing that has been going steady for the last couple of weeks. Sometimes it's afternoons, sometimes it's evenings, and sometimes it's both; but these kids have had a great skating season. Sometimes it's at Wesley's rink, sometimes it's at Kochs' rink, and sometimes it's on the lake. About the best skating weather I can remember in a few years. And of course every Friday they still do the homeschool skate at the Pekin Rink which has again been thoroughly enjoyed. Why no px? Well, because I haven't been skating much this year. Fridays have been busy with other pursuits and every week I think I'll go.... then I don't. Ah well. Maybe one of these days I'll make it again.
Anyway.
Back to Saturday and my sweet helper.
Evening beauty.
Saturday night kids went to tyg, and Dad & I took Josh to Bass Pro to use the giftcard he got for Christmas from A. Sarah. Come to find out Levi's had planned to head there too, so we met up with them! Fun evening!
After church on Sunday, Grandma gave Josh this beautiful quilt she made for his bd.
Katie brought her little crowd to the lake for awhile then; these px are from Sarah as I didn't make it down this time. Tori took Brandi down, and I think Jewel & Josh were skating too.
Love this smile.
Sunday evening we had delicious chili at Kochs; then this crowd skated awhile before warming up with a card game. Always such a blessing to be with these people!
And that was it for last week. It flew by as weeks tend to do.
Coming up soon: the Winter Storm Warning that got discussed to death. Will we get it? Will we not? How much? How long? When? Where? Why??
Close schools! Close restaurants! Cancel appointments! Cancel life! Stock up on bread! And milk! And toilet paper!
And above all -
PANIC
๐๐๐ฒ
No comments:
Post a Comment