Finally got a bit of rain again – don’t know yet how much but kind of drizzly off and on all day. Which means we had a wonderful slower day and I got a lot of things done that just hadn’t been getting done lately, like ironing and patching and Our Family Circus and piano lessons.
Boys milked early, and Beth came to pick beans. I picked with her a bit before going to Morton to pick up Dad after he left the truck at Mike’s Garage. Home again, I helped finish picking, and then Beth and I took a walk…and my house was still quiet. Lots of laundry, read to girls, Tori did some weeding and also took these pictures.
I think these are especially good; I love the green green of summer contrasted with the bright oranges, purples, and reds – and how did she get the subject sharp but the background fuzzy? She didn’t know either; obviously we have a lot to learn. Meanwhile, we’ll keep snapping away and enjoying the results.
Our newest pet.
Grandpa took Jesse to Uncle Randy’s (from milking); he got home just as Levi was heading to CIT. He and Jacob did a little fencing and only got a bit wet from rain. L & J milked again; we had a quiet afternoon here, reading, napping, playing computer. Ben was a little down – tired but no fever or headache (?). Then chores and supper prep. Dad was surprised with his place setting!
After supper, Dad and I went to Morton to get the truck; I drove home in pouring down rain which I DO NOT enjoy doing. We ended up with about .8” for the day. That’s good for the beans and watermelon!
Bibletime and beds.
No comments:
Post a Comment