In 2001, we had 01-01-01.
In 2002, we had 02-02-02.
In 2003, we had 03-03-03.
In 2004, we had 04-04-04.
In 2005, we had 05-05-05.
In 2006, we had 06-06-06.
In 2007, we had 07-07-07.
In 2008, we had 08-08-08.
In 2009, we had 09-09-09.
In 2010, we had 10-10-10.
In 2011, we had 11-11-11.
And today we have 12-12-12.
At lunch today, the kids checked their watches to see it turn 12:12:12 on 12-12-12. My watch isn’t digital, so I didn’t get to see all those twelves. Nevertheless it is kind of neat to think about it – - - - why? I don’t really know, but something about numbers lining up like that makes me smile. Giving piano lessons this morning, I got to write 12-12-12 on several new songs as well as two assignment notebooks. I wrote a check today, dating it 12-12-12. I think I smiled every time. Today is the very last of the triple digit dates for another century (actually about 88 years or so); and it’s quite likely that most of us won’t be alive to see those cool triple digits again.
Hope you enjoyed your triple digit day!
We also watched the clock on Dad's phone change to 12:12:12 on 12/12/12!!! Six 12's-- Pretty cool!!
ReplyDelete~Sarah