Oh yes they have a lot of snow up there yet. Isn’t their table pretty? I thought it looked like a giant flaky biscuit!
The sunshine was gorgeous, although the weatherman called for a cloudy day. Didn’t seem cloudy to me.
After a delicious breakfast, everyone went OUT.
As always, thanks A. Jill for sharing your px. Since my camera went with Jesse on a tour of some local attractions, from here on these are from A. Jill. And yes, Jesse is getting his own camera soon.
The football field was the perfect place for inexperienced drivers. Nothing to hit except goalposts and other snowmobiles!
In case you can’t tell, that is Jewel driving. Andrew is a good teacher!
Did I mention it was a beautiful day? Gorgeous blue skies, bright sunshine, and cold, yes, but not bitter, and those heated handles made for some warm hands!
And I didn’t even crash (hehe I wasn’t going very fast though so even if I would’ve crashed I don’t think I would’ve dented a thing).
I don’t know if this was the first or second cup of hot chocolate he spilled (within about 5 minutes). His third serving was in a sippy cup.
Littles and girls snugged inside awhile then after lunch, after a fruitless search for Tori’s missing cell phone.
When the dads and boys finished their touring, we had a fabulous lunch of soup and sandwiches (don’t know if I mentioned that A. Jill is an awesome cook); then the boys did a twenty mile drive. I won’t tell how fast they went because it scares me to even think about it.
Can you tell who is who?
About this time, Dad & I went on a walk around town; when we came to the football field, we zigzagged through it, looking hopelessly for Tori’s lost phone.
Aaahh, but not without hope, because as we walked aimlessly through that huge white field, I prayed.
Lord, I know You know exactly where Tori’s phone is. We can never find it on our own. Take me right to it. And when You show us where it is, I’ll tell everyone what You did. I will glorify You.
And, to Him be all glory, He did just that, He took Dad within two feet of it.
This picture was posed after the initial find and rejoicing. When Dad saw it, its heat had melted it down about two inches into the snow, and it had some water on it where snow had melted. Now, I well know there are many more important things to pray for than a lost cell phone, but I share this experience to encourage anyone who doesn’t believe God answers prayer. He does. And for anyone who thinks He doesn’t care about us – you’re wrong; He does.
He cares about our big things, our middle things, and our little things.
To put it into perspective, take a look at the next photo. See the nine inch stick poking out of the snow right about the middle of the picture? Well, that’s where we marked the spot. Oh, you don’t see it? Really? About an inch left of the goalposts? See the building near the middle? That’s next to the baseball diamond at that end of the field.
Yeah. It was a big field. Well, lest you think it was merely a coincidence that Tim found the phone, that he just ‘happened’ to zigzag by the right spot, well, you’re wrong. He didn’t. God took him there, because I asked Him to.
Had I not prayed, would God have showed us where it was? Maybe, maybe not. We’ll never know.
This I do know.
I asked; God answered.
Many times God answers prayers in my life; many times I don’t share them.
This time I said I would, and I did.
Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Philippians 4:20
On to a sledding hill in a neighbor’s backyard. So fun!
Yes that is a grand piano in the background. Not that I speak in respect of want, for I am content with my Yamaha (both of them), but I will have to purpose a bit more to be content. That piano has the most phenomenal sound I have ever been privileged to play. I offered to store it for them for a few years, but no one wanted to take me up on it.
???
Musical chairs, of course.
I don’t remember the name of this one. It’s kind of a tongue twister. Leah might have to leave us a comment so we know what it’s called.
Cranium Cadoo
What is it?
Of course - - - it’s a duck!
Andrew and Leah were moving Tess and Jacob to tame lions. Can’t you tell that???
This one was hard. Dad was moving Sarah to be a mime! Nobody got that one, but they had fun doing it anyway!
Josh was a good button pusher.
Thus ended our only full day in MN.
A good day, a fun day, a memorable day, an extremely blessed day.
God is good.
70 is not that fast mom.good thing u didnt see jesse fly off when he jumped a drift
ReplyDeletelevi
Mom, just to clarify, I was not going 70 when I flew off. And i didn't just fly off, I jumped off because I thought it was going to tip over. It was a completely controled jump.
DeleteJesse
Levi, 70 is very fast, just to set the record straight. And Jesse, thanks for clearing that up for me. Of course a completely controlled jump is much safer than flying off, but it's not the flying or jumping that concern me. It's the landing.
ReplyDelete