I am home from church with three littles and Tori with colds today; although they aren’t feeling too bad, Sarah has some asthma which is kind of concerning. Thankfully, she’s doing ok with breathing treatments. Regardless of asthma or not, we’re never too quick to take sick kids to church. I’ve done it a few times and always regretted it – a purseful of snotty kleenexes isn’t much fun.
We were able to listen to the sermon online and over the phone (after internet crashed) and were reminded of the gift we have all been given, the gift of salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ. How thankful I am for this!!!!!
A few px from the morning,
and then afternoon. We call this our “church box.” It is full of quiet activities; we reserve this treat for Sundays and Wednesday nights when we cannot attend church. It tends to help children listen quietly with minimal fidgeting – usually.
So goes our Sunday.
Peaceful, calm, quiet, few demands, few deadlines.
Few spats because I’m sitting right here watching, listening, enjoying.
Time to put together a few farm buildings and play a few games.
Time to appreciate a clean house!!
Time to enjoy the kids’ enjoyment.
Time to think on the blessings we’ve been given…
First and foremost Nothing But The Blood of Jesus…
Also an unending supply of Amazing Grace and Boundless Mercy…
Then the material things we’ve been given…
Comfortable homes, full freezers, warm clothes, good health, clean water…
All this and heaven too…
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a Sunday a little more often?
I hope you are enjoying your Lord’s day wherever you may find yourself!
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21
No comments:
Post a Comment