Music practiced, Friday jobs done, chores finished, Joshua’s nap over…time for fun. March jacket weather - wow. March no-jacket weather – double wow. March barefoot weather – WOW! But a creek day in March????!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!
As I viewed these px, there is something that seems very odd about them, like something just isn’t right. After a bit of pondering, I finally realized what it is. See if you can find it. Answer at end of post.
Where’s Rascal?
The original plan was to go to the creek/pond. I was a bit unsure how the pond would go because it’s kind of a new thing, you know, and the creek is a pretty safe comfortable place, with a routine with which we’re all very familiar. I was a little hesitant to venture into new waters (heehee, pun intended), especially with no beach, lots of mud, and oh by the way, did I mention that it is MARCH?? Only a few short weeks ago there was a thin layer of ice on the pond!!!! Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, so we ventured on over to the pond after awhile, and gained a lot of fun, memories, and confidence that this is not only do-able but also very worthwhile.
When the pond fills up, the waterline will come to the top of this sand area (see the grass line), but for now, all this sand makes for a great beach.
And, as Jewel pointed out, “Mom, this sand is so clean!” (as opposed to the creek sand, which is definitely NOT so clean…)
They had a blast!!!!!!
Wasn’t it cold??
“Mom, it is so warm! It’s at least 80 degrees!!” (80 degrees????????? That is NOT WARM by ANY stretch of the imagination!) But they were happy, so I was happy. Nobody was making me get in, and I had a great time watching, cheering, laughing, playing with Josh, and snapping pictures!
(but OF COURSE it’s a mudslide!!! What else??!)
(Videos on next post)
Lest you are howling with disgust, let me remind you that God made dirt not to hurt, and memories last forever.
:) :) :)
(AND we are blessed to live in America where we have plentiful water to wash buckets, chairs, toys, ski belts, etc., AND even a marvelous machine to wash our clothes)(and these kids which joyfully mud up all this stuff know good and well that if they don’t joyfully clean it all up they won’t get any more joyfully fun trips to the pond!!!!!!!!)
The three inches of mud beside the shore don’t make for quality beach fun, and I don’t yet have a lifejacket for Joshua, so thankfully he was very content with his little pool on the sand (besides, the kids told me, he wouldn’t like the pond because it was too cold for him. ?????).
And indeed, after a few hours of summer pond fun, we headed home to clean up and get ready to go away for supper…and the troops were troopers in getting things done (keep in mind all troops have a drill sergeant)(or something like that)(I’m not terribly familiar with military terms, but you know what I mean).
So by the time Dad and the boys got home, we were back to clean status (mostly) and ready to leave - - - and thoroughly and completely enjoyed a wonderful evening with special friends - - - you know who you are; and THANK YOU again very much!!! The pizza and fellowship were wonderful!. A great way to end a great summer day in March!!
Also - - a huge thank you DBK for sharing your lake with us!!!! We appreciate it so much!
(The unique thing in all these px – there is very little green. Trees are brown and bare – not even tiny leaves yet – and grass is so short - - it looks like it should be a cold sunny March day - - but then here’s these kids swimming! It’s just a little different is all, I think.)
No comments:
Post a Comment