I would be amiss to report that Thursday we did Aldi and ortho. Nothing newsworthy except that Dr. DeMonte pulled not one, not two, but THREE of Kate’s teeth!!!!! She is ONE BRAVE KID!!!!! The teeth were loose baby teeth, and the adult teeth were already in beside them. There was the possibility that the baby teeth would force the adult teeth to come in wrong, so Dr. really wanted them gone. Didn’t make much sense to me, because she’s going to need braces anyway. It’s not like her heroic effort will save us any money, sweat, time, or tears!! At any rate, she did not faint (which she has been known to do), and aside from a jawache which some tylenol helped, she was as good as new by suppertime – minus three teeth!
Friday I was gone on a walk at Leann’s when the sprayer plane sprayed the north 80. Someone (Kate, I guess) took some good px! Come to find out later, the field wasn’t supposed to be done yesterday, but the kids enjoyed the show anyway! I was sorry to miss it – especially the delight of the kids; that’s the highlight for me.
Do I see two specks beyond the trees? Could that be two white t-shirts????
Still don’t know who took these px (I suspect Kate); she did a good job!
Sarah and Jewel took px of our work evening.
I haven’t seen this yet! Based on the size of the leaves, it’s pretty small. But it will grow - - -
Checking for potato bugs and tomato hornworms.
Watering with miracle-gro.
Mixing the miracle-gro water. The perfect job for Josh!
Mowing.
Strawberries west of the wood shed look really good. No dying ones, which we suspect is a disease called black root rot and has no treatment :(
Did I mention it was a beautiful day? Hot and sunny, but cooled down nice after supper.
After work comes play - - - with fire, of course.
Beautiful sunset.
Ready to serve our evening treat. Thanks Kate for your ever-willing servant heart!
And thanks, Jesse, for helping set up the tent. You made your little bro and sisters very happy!!!!!!
What are they doing?????!!!
Why, boiling water in a plastic cup, of course!!
And why is Kate soaking wet??????!!
And Tori??!!!!!
Well, it has something to do with Jacob and a hose. . . . .
Littles had so much fun in the tent.
We’ve discovered the perfect way to camp out. Only the littles want to sleep in the tent (bigs like their own beds)(including me!), but they don’t want to do it without any bigs. So these 4 snuggled in to listen to story tapes for an hour, and then came in to sleep in their own beds, happy that they got to “sleep” in the tent :)
Beautiful full moon.
No comments:
Post a Comment