September 2025

September 2025
Over the years, we've always compared our family life to a wagon train heading west. Just as everyone had to do his part to get to Oregon years ago, so everyone in our family must do his/her part to make our journey through life successful. If somebody climbs in the wagon and lets the others do the work, we just don't make any progress. We all have to pull our weight and work together. Along the trail we find lots of pebbles that make for a smooth ride and some bigger rocks that jar us a little; we hit the occasional pothole that can slow us down. But if we purpose to search diligently, there are countless gold nuggets and precious gemstones along the way as well. This journal is an attempt to preserve some of those precious moments for our children, and our children's children, as together we travel this trail called life.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7-13-11 Ben’s Garden Report

I have been picking off all the the strawberry blossoms.

P1080556

Onions.

P1080567

I have picked lots of yellow beans.

P1080568 

My field corn has ears now.

P1080558

My sweet corn is getting big.

P1080559

These are green beans. I have picked a lot of them.

P1080566 

One of my tomatoes is turning red.

P1080560

The purple peppers are turning purple.

P1080565

The soybeans are blooming.

P1080562

My tree doesn’t make much shade yet.

P1080563

My potatoes are blooming.

P1080561

Jewel grew some field corn but I take care of them.

P1080564

Here’s my whole garden

P1080557

Nasty corn is covering up all the other plants.

2 comments:

  1. Benjamin - your garden looks great! You have more peppers on that one plant than I have in all 13 pepper plants in my garden!

    ASK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben your garden looks great! You are quite the farmer! I have never seen a purple pepper before. Do they taste the same? Keep up the good work! The Whitakers :)

    ReplyDelete