Yes, it is 2016 already, and almost a week gone at that!
First picture is back to last week when we had the Rassi kids here. I was in the kitchen and heard, “A. Ruth, A. Ruth!” I looked and looked, saw no one needing me, so kept doing whatever I was doing. Again, “A. Ruth, A. Ruth!!” (giggle giggle). I found her – yes that’s Anya snuggled inside there!
Ready for Gabe & Mary’s wedding - - -
This morning, kids were up bright & early, the van was packed in record time, and while everyone waited patiently for Dad to get home from work, a crew headed out to the rink!!
Don’t feel sorry for anyone, though, that we’re heading south and will miss prime skating; because the ice was really soft and the weatherman is predicting warmer weather for the next week or so. After half an hour of skating and sunshine, the 2 inches of ice had melted so much that there was a 3-4 inch gap between the ice pan and the side of the rink. The kids had a blast breaking the pans and experimenting with cracking ice. Their research convinced them that, were they to skate on a lake, they would have ample warning and thus plenty of time to get off before anyone actually went through the ice.
Uhh.
It’s still not happening, guys. No one on the lake until Dad says!!
(a few wet skates never hurt anyone)
Supposedly the temp is going to drop at the end of the 10-day forecast which will prep the rink nicely for our return. If this is so, I suspect we’ll have kids on the ice the day we return. I hope anyway.
Ready to head south!
Beautiful views.
Back in the olden days we packed an extensive activity bag, complete with pencils, crayons, scissors, paper cuttings, books, etc. all over the van. Nowadays – a tablet, an i-phone, 3 ipads, and 4 laptops are all we need. Oh – and a few Hank CDs as well.
And so our journey south continues - - -
Ruth, its so very true about screen time replacing all the misc. travel supplies. But there's nothing quite like the bingo games, alphabet games, and "I see something blue" games.
ReplyDelete