I haven’t posted in awhile because there just hasn’t been much going on. Well, also because I’ve been working like crazy on getting my recipe project done. Which it’s not, but it’s getting very close. Which is why I’m taking a break and trying to write a blurb. I say trying because there’s not really been much going on, believe it or not. No pictures on the camera from the week, probably because I’ve been focusing on recipes. Plus how many pictures of kids on the ice rink do we need? They’ve had a great week skating; weather and ice have been about perfect. Sledding & 4wheeling, not so good, but that’s okay. They’d rather skate anyway. Actually yesterday afternoon the rink was rather neglected as the kids skated on Dave’s lake instead. Smooth as glass and wind-swept clean - - - doesn’t get much better than that. School’s going well. Kids are starting to wrap up various subjects here and there, and, even though they’re still loving winter, I’ve heard whispers here and there of spring and its activities. Earlier in the week we had a few runny noses; a few coughs still linger but nothing serious enough to keep anyone off the rink. It’s amazing to see the kids improve in their skating – even Josh doesn’t fall nearly as much as he did a month ago. I’m thankful it’s been a healthy winter. We’ve been blessed. Kids’ various jobs are going well. I could update what each of them is doing but I don’t want to take the time right now. I’m right tired of this computer today anyway. Not much is new; let’s just leave it at that.
Now that the bedroom project is done, we do have a new winter project - - - a recording the kids are making me for my Christmas present. We started that Tuesday evening at a recording studio near here; it went well for a first session, I thought. But then what do I know? I’ve never done anything like this before! So between Jesse’s Monday night class, Tuesday night recording sessions, Wednesday night church, and Tori’s Thursday night class, that basically leaves weekends to brush up on the few songs that aren’t quite ready to be recorded…yeah,it can get a little wild trying to fit music practice in. I’m glad the kids are willing to tough it out and do this for me, but I’ll be more glad when it’s done and the pace can slow down a little. We’d appreciate prayers for continued health if you think of it; a few sore throats could put a major hitch in the plans.
Well I do have a few pictures from today.Today was bitter cold, made even more bitter by a bitter wind; thus no one was interested in skating. Sooo, we had some very talented young men practicing in the living room for awhile this afternoon. TMB are participating in a fundraiser concert at the end of March; I look forward to hearing some more good practice sessions (Thursday nights probably, when else?!) for the next few weeks. Anyway, here are a few pictures. Quality is pretty poor due to all the sunshine coming in, but oh well. Better than nothing, right?
And another practice session, this time for Tuesday night’s recording session.
That’s it.
No comments:
Post a Comment