Peach time - what a great crew! I was so glad Dad let me have the boys for a little while to help!
Ben asked me to post this picture – he’s combining tictacs :)
MORE MELONS!! I wish I could report that they are awesome and wonderful and we have so many we don’t know what to do with them all, but alas I cannot. The sad truth is that we aren’t very good at growing them (yet) and some of them, even the green ones which we wouldn’t think are ripe at all yet, are very overripe. We’re having to throw quite a lot of them away :(. But we’re learning a lot, and hopefully next year we’ll do a little better at picking them.
Nice little shower Saturday afternoon. It hailed too, but I didn’t get good px of that. We ended up with .2”.
Dad & I walked after supper – this time I remembered to take the camera:)
It was a BEAUTIFUL evening!
These two mamas are named 3 and 86. Creative, huh? :) It amazes me when the boys talk about the cows – they can tell them all apart and refer to them as in, “3 had her calf today.” Or “98 was off by herself this morning – she’s been bagging up so is probably going to drop a calf today.” (They leave the herd to calve.)
83 is the Hereford with twins.
85 just had her calf – here it is about 5 hours old!! It was neat to watch it totter over to mama – although it’s the biggest calf (biggest mama)(calf is bigger than all other older calves!), it still had that newborn stagger. SO CUTE!!!!!!!
86.
86’s calf.
89, 4, 85. (Can you find 4’s calf?)
98 and 89. How’s that for confusing!?
98, 89, 4, 85, and 83. I wanted to get all 9 cows and 10 calves in the same picture but they were spread too far apart.
Some damage from the hail, but corn looks good otherwise. This is Uncle Harley’s field across the road from our house.
Hoping for some honey to harvest in a few weeks. It’s pretty obvious which is the strong hive!
Did I mention it was a beautiful evening?! Full moon rising in the east, gorgeous sunset in the west, and all at the same time.
All this beauty – so many blessings - peace in my heart – all this - and heaven too - - - and all because of the blood of Jesus Christ - - -
How Great Thou Art
O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder Consider all the worlds thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, thy pow’r throughout the universe displayed,
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee; How great thou art, how great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee; How great thou art, how great thou art!
When through the woods and forest glades I wander And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down from lofty mountains grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze;
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee; How great thou art, how great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee; How great thou art, how great thou art!
And when I think that God his Son not sparing, Sent him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died to take away my sin;
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee; How great thou art, how great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee; How great thou art, how great thou art!
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation, And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration And there proclaim, my God, how great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee; How great thou art, how great thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee; How great thou art, how great thou art!
No comments:
Post a Comment